This Advanced Vitamins blood test is the ultimate package to check your levels or deficiencies in the core vitamins needed for health.
Vitamins are essential nutrients needed by the body to function properly every day. You can’t make them yourself, so they need to come from the food you eat, your lifestyle or supplements.
There are two main types of vitamins – water soluble and fat soluble. Water soluble vitamins are not stored in the body, they break down each day, and so need to be consumed on a regular basis.
Fat soluble vitamins such as A, D and E are stored in your fatty tissue and your liver, so your body can retain them over time – this means that you don’t need to consume them daily but you do need to retain healthy levels.
Vitamin deficiency often leads to:
– Suppressed immunity and increased chance of infections, colds and illnesses
– Feelings of lethargy, tiredness, low mood or depression
– reduced fitness, weakness and difficulty losing weight or building muscle
– feeling unwell – dizziness, heart palpitations, tingling hands and feet, shortness of breath
– physical changes including weak or brittle hair, hair loss or thinning, dry or pale skin, poor skin condition
Knowing whether you have vitamin deficiencies of any of the core vitamins can help you identify required changes to your diet, lifestyle or supplements.