If you have recently order a finger prick testing kit from us, here is a simple step-by-step video on how to complete your blood test and collect your at home.
We recommend taking your sample in the morning; you don’t need to fast before hand.
It’s also best to send your sample to us between Monday and Thursday, so that it can be analysed when it’s fresh.
Sending your sample to us between Friday and Sunday may delay or halt analysis, meaning your sample could spoil and clot.
If you are interested in purchasing a Goodbody Clinic at-home finger prick blood test kit, but you’re not sure which is best for you, click here to browse our wide range of at-home health checks.
You can also follow the below instructions:
1. It’s best to take your sample when your body is warm. We recommend having a hot bath or shower before taking your sample, to get the blood flowing around your body.
Alternatively, you could do some light exercise or hold your hand in very warm water for several minutes.
2. Lay the contents of your test kit out on a flat, clean surface.
3. Read over the instructions included thoroughly before taking your sample.
4. Fill in the test request form included, making sure you complete all sections
5. Ensure you check the back of the TRF and check that the right test is selected.
6. Wash your hands thoroughly with warm, soapy water and dry well.
7. Remove the lid from the sample collection tube, placing it back onto a flat surface before taking your sample.
8. Also, remove the cap from a lancet before you begin.
9. Clean your selected sample finger with a pre-injection swab and allow it to air dry.
10. Press the lancet firmly onto your selected finger. You should hear an audible ‘click’; wipe away the first droplet of blood.
11. Hold your finger over the sample tube and firmly massage your hand down to your finger. Avoid squeezing the pierced area directly.
12. Fill the sample tube to the top line, otherwise your test may not be analysed. Place a plaster on your finger.
13. If your test requires two tubes of blood, follow the process again for the second tube.
14. Firmly click the cap back onto the sample tube and rotate it between 5 and 10 times to mix and prevent clotting.
15. You can also gently roll the tube on a flat surface before attaching your sample label onto the tube.
16. Place the tube in the protective packaging provided, and then into the pre-paid mailing bag along with your test request form.
17. Please post your sample on the same day you take it, to help prevent it from clotting and spoiling.
For more information or assistance, please call us on 01225 444144 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.